On 12 Apr 2004 at 11:56, Williams, Kenneth (Ken) (TLR Corp) wrote:

> [...]

 ... is a problem, i.e. that the max length is #define'd per-system.  No
 ... need to penalize people whose OSs aren't so draconian.

I don't understand -- why is whatever algorithm a program uses for
generating a private temporary file a "penalty" no matter how the file
name works out?  Even "sqlite001", "sqlite002"...etc' would suffice for
all I care; why do you care what name sqlite uses for its journal files?

   /Bernie\

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]     Pearisburg, VA