On 2004-06-17, at 16.39, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

If you have a large record size, then it also helps tremendously to put the
indexed columns first in the row (I had a table with large blob data that
was terribly slow to query until I moved the small, non-blob columns first).
[That was found out by trial and error]

Really!? Let's see if I understand you correctly: Your SELECT statement is exactly the same, but you just changed the order of the columns in one table, and all of a sudden your SELECT query performed better?

I do believe you if you say so, but I'm just very curious as to why? If not too much trouble, would you please post the query and the table schema?

thanks

/jak