Thanks you for all of the ideas.  Here are answers to the various questions:

1) Currently, I am committing after every 10,000 inserts.  Initially, I was
running all of the inserts of a set (25,000+ records) in one transaction.  I
found that I was able to improve performance slightly by committing after
every 10,000 records.  Either way, the performance is still too poor.

2) I am going directly to the dll (not using ODBC).

3) I am already using PRAGMA default_synchronous=OFF

Thank you all for the help.

Regards,
Soham

Here are the directions to my test application again. It should be really
easy to run.  I would greatly appreciate it, if someone would take a look at
it.

1) download the test zip file from the following FTP location (14MB):
ftp://ftp.fileburst.com/
USER: sqlite
PSWD: sqlhelp
2) unzip it
3) run register.bat (this just registers a required COM object)
4) open DataLoaderTest\DataLoaderTest.sln
5) build
6) run (you can do this directly from the debugger)
7) click on "Load Data"