Soham Mehta wrote:
Thanks you for all of the ideas.  Here are answers to the various questions:

1) Currently, I am committing after every 10,000 inserts.  Initially, I was
running all of the inserts of a set (25,000+ records) in one transaction.  I
found that I was able to improve performance slightly by committing after
every 10,000 records.  Either way, the performance is still too poor.

2) I am going directly to the dll (not using ODBC).

3) I am already using PRAGMA default_synchronous=OFF

* Are you writing to a local disk or to a network filesystem?

*  Please show use your schema and an example INSERT, complete
   with data.

-- D. Richard Hipp -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- 704.948.4565