I'm trying to compile SQLite, but, unfortunately, with very
little joy. I'm running on Windows (sorry), and I'm using
Bloodshed's C++ IDE, which appears to run some form of GNU's
C++ compiler. Is anyone else using this particular
combination?

Below my signature, I've pasted in the short program that
I'm trying to compile. I've also pasted in the error
messages that result. I'd be grateful for any help.

If not Bloodshed, is there some other Windows C++ compiler that is
known to be able to compile SQLite?  I'd be happy to switch
compilers, if that was the easiest way for me to get to some
working code.

Of course, it could be my code that is flawed, and not the
compiler, but the errors all appear come from SQLite source
files, so I tend to think I'm encountering some sort of
mismatch between SQLite and the compiler that I'm using.

Best regards,

Jonathan Gennick
Editor, O'Reilly & Associates
906.387.1698   mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Here's the code I'm trying to compile:

#include <iostream>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include "main.c"

using namespace std;

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
  sqlite *db;
  char *zErrMsg = 0;
  int rc;

  printf("Opening the database...\n\n");
  db = sqlite_open("c:\SQLite\Projects|FirstTest\FirstDatabase", 0, &zErrMsg);
  if( db==0 ){
    fprintf(stderr, "Can't open database: %s\n", zErrMsg);
    system("PAUSE");
    exit(1);
  }

  printf("Closing the database...\n\n");