On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Jonathan Gennick wrote:

>I'm trying to compile SQLite, but, unfortunately, with very
>little joy. I'm running on Windows (sorry), and I'm using
>Bloodshed's C++ IDE, which appears to run some form of GNU's
>C++ compiler. Is anyone else using this particular
>combination?
>
>Below my signature, I've pasted in the short program that
>I'm trying to compile. I've also pasted in the error
>messages that result. I'd be grateful for any help.

Oops, you've pasted the source twice, so we haven't got the errors:)

Without the errors, It's hard to hazard a guess. I assume you're using
SQLite 2.8.x

>From the source, you don't appear to include sqlite.h, but do include
main.c! A typo? If your main file is called main.c, you'll get a recursive
include, which will break the compile.

>If not Bloodshed, is there some other Windows C++ compiler that is
>known to be able to compile SQLite?  I'd be happy to switch
>compilers, if that was the easiest way for me to get to some
>working code.

I believe the dll from the website is cross-compiled using mingw32 under
Linux, though I could be wrong. If in doubt, use the Windows binary from
the website until you've sorted your build problem.

>Of course, it could be my code that is flawed, and not the
>compiler, but the errors all appear come from SQLite source
>files, so I tend to think I'm encountering some sort of
>mismatch between SQLite and the compiler that I'm using.

See include diagnosis above.

--
    /"\
    / \