1. Hardly a solution for those who, like me, don't have C, are not into compiling Windows programs, etc.
2. This would make for a bastard version of LIKE or GLOB, which really grates on my nerves.

I'm reminded of the guy who wanted to buy a loaf of bread and was told how to build a bakery. ;O)

So, I guess the bottom line answer is No.

-R.

D. Richard Hipp wrote:

Rod Dav4is wrote:

Have you given any thought to adding a GREP option to the like-ops? I have a situation where I'd like to select records based on the value of the 3rd word in a particular column. Unless there's a way to do it with LIKE or GLOB?

You can use the sqlite3_create_function() API to provide your own implementation of LIKE and/or GLOB that does whatever you want.