Bryan Ashby wrote:
I have searched around and cannot find a definite answer -- We are working on a project that _requires_ a small, embedded and encrypted database. SQLite fits all of our needs except for the encryption part .. which I'm not totally sure about. I notice that in sqlite3.h there is a sqlite3_key() function, though it states it is not available to the public. Why is this? How can we add our own encryption (without breaking SQL searches, etc.!). I see how sqlite3_key() is used in the tcl stuff but I don't have any code for it :(

<http://www.hwaci.com/sw/sqlite/prosupport.html#crypto>