R S wrote:
I was trying to find info for the same, but couldn't. Do let me know.

SQLite normally operates off of disk. It reads a little from the disk as it can get by with, but once it reads from the disk it caches information in memory in case it has to reuse it later. The size of the memory cache is limited by default to 2MB, but you can change this at runtime using a pragma.

If, however, you open the special database file named ":memory:"
it will create an empty in-memory only database that you can use
for temporary storage.

-- D. Richard Hipp -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- 704.948.4565