On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 12:08:18 -0800, you wrote:

>Hi,
>I am currently using SQLite v 2.8.13 for a commercial product for Palm
>Handhelds.  I am noticing some performance issues; most notably when I do a
>database validate() to verify my integrity at app open and close.  I see
>that version 3.0.8 has some code optimizations, but am unsure if upgrading
>from the 2.8 series to the 3.0 series is just a drop in or if my code will
>need to change.  Can anyone tell me if the API has changed in a notable
>way?  Also, is my performance going to improve with the 3.0.8 over
>2.8.13?  If not, what about 2.8.15?

I am doing the upgrade right now (from 2.8 to 3.08)..   I thought it
would be a simple drop in replacement, change a few variable names,
etc..

I am now on my 4th day of coding the change to 3.08.

It could have been done (for me) in half the time, but I decided to
use the BIND routines and get rid of the extra encodings that were
being performed on the TEXT and BLOB fields in my database.  Thus
YMMV..  Take a close look at the API documents to see how it will
affect you.  It just depends on how you use it really. For me, I use a
lot of preprocessor defines to handle many of the SQLITE calls.  But
in the end, I had to change my src as well..

Randall Fox