Hello,

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
21/11/2004 04:56 PM
Please respond to sqlite-users

        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        cc:
        Subject:        [sqlite] Suppressing column (field) headers?

> 1. How can I get the dll to return JUST the desired data?
>    When I send the following SQL, for example,
>       select colEntry from tblEntry where colNum = 3
>   the textbox shows
>      colEntry
>      "The text in the column."
>      <newline>

This is being done by your delphi wrapper. Please consult its
documentation. The "C" interface of sqlite (for both 2.8 series and 3.0
series) returns the column names and column values separately, and doesn't
return any extra "quote" characters.

Clay Dowling wrote:
> You can get just the data that you want by using the prepared statements
> feature of the 3.0.x dll.  It sounds like you're using the table output
> method for getting your results.  This is fine, but it means that you
need
> it ignore the first row of data, which in the table interface is the
> column labels.

This statement makes you sound like you're taking crazy pills, Clay
(prepared statements and non-prepared statements aren't functionally
different in sqlite)... but I'm interested to know if you have a grain of
truth hidden in there. Are you familiar with the delphi wrapper Mswarm is
using? Which delphi wrapper are you using, Mswarm? What does the code that
issues your query look like?

Benjamin.