Michael Robinette wrote:
I have table somewhat like this created by sqlite 2.8.14:

create table t1( created timestamp not null, n int not null, url text
not null, primary key(n) );

somehow i've ended up with a database where .dump t1 produces a bunch of

insert into t1 values(NULL,NULL,NULL);

a pragma integrity_check produces output like:

*** in database main ***
[error messages omitted...]

how does one get into this state where the contraints are ignored?

In a corrupt database, all things are possible.

If I were a guessing man, I'd say that space is being reserved and
zeroed, but data is never being flushed to disk. Additionally, it
seems that a journal file is either not being created, or is being
deleted before the database is opened again, so that data is never
recovered.

Has anyone seen anything like this and can suggest possible causes?

See http://www.sqlite.org/lockingv3.html section 6.0 "How To Corrupt Your Database Files". This is written for version 3.0 but all the same rules apply to version 2.8.14.

If you think the problem is caused by some bug in SQLite and not
by one of the external problems described above, please let us know
how to reproduce it and we will look into the problem further.

--
D. Richard Hipp -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- 704.948.4565