On Wed, 8 Dec 2004, D. Richard Hipp wrote:

Ara.T.Howard wrote:

Has anyone seen anything like this and can suggest possible causes?

does your code fork?

Ooo. That sounds like the voice of experience speaking. :-)

I should add forking to the documented list of ways to corrupt
your database file.

i never __actually__ corrupted anything by forking - but this is because my child process never did anything with the db handle. i did verify that forking causes silly names on NFS though and could imagine many other 'not good' (tm) scenarios.

regards.

-a