Kurt Welgehausen wrote:

There are no brackets in the SQL spec; that's a Microsoft extension. SQLite's glob operator has similar syntax; it's an extension also.

If it weren't for brackets, in another context, I might still be using Access (and would be much the poorer for it). In some cases, brackets were needed around table names, and in others they were forbidden. I could find no documentation making the distinction clear. A complicated SELECT statement could take a long time to get right, by trial and error.

SQLite omits some standard SQL, and also lacks some useful extensions present in Access, but it is MUCH more pleasant to work with.

Thank you, Dr. Hipp, and other contributors.

Gerry
Gerry Snyder
in warm, winterless Los Angeles -- USDA zone 9b, Sunset 18-19