regards,

rene

Bert Verhees wrote:
Op donderdag 30 december 2004 13:37, schreef mike:

When used correctly, sqlite is the fastest SQL engine I have seen  (I am
also using D7). So, yes, it would be a good choice.
You need some API wrapper for sqlite, there are a few around including my
own :) (see contrib)

Excuse, me, can you please point me to the location where I can find your wrapper.

Thanks
Bert

-----Original Message-----
From: Ahmet Aksoy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2004 12:00 AM
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: [sqlite] Advice needed for a new group member

Hi,
I'm both new to the group, and sqlite.
I want to redesign one of my old projects.
It is a kind of mapping program, which shows ports on a world  map. Map is
drawn using geographical coordinates of seashores. Also the coordinates of
the ports are used in the program.
You can make searches on port lists, and draw the selected part of the map
which contains the port. Also, you can see the local details  if you point
a location on the map. You can change the coordinates and scale of the map
easily.
In the project I'm using MSAccess. Now there are about 3000 ports on the
database. That number will increase in near future.
There are very few editing on the database. Records are mostly readonly.
In order to gain some extra speed, and remove licencing  problems while
distributing my program, I made some search on the internet, and found
sqlite as it fits best to my needs.
I'm using delphi7 pro for programming.
Do you think that sqlite will be  a correct choice for such a project?
Which delphi components should I use?
Thanks in advance.
Ahmet Aksoy