On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 09:58:15AM -0800, Tim McDaniel wrote:

> Given a specific SELECT statement, ADO.NET has the capability to
> automatically build the corresponding INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE
> statements, so the user can insert/update/delete values/rows in the
> resultset and have those modifications sent back to the database.  But

> (I wrote the original ADO.NET SQLite wrapper on sourceforge)

Hm, off topic, but I'm curious:  Presumably ADO.NET does not take a
lock out on all those rows and wait around holding it while the human
user goes to lunch.  So, when the user changes values and then submits
them, does ADO.NET somehow correctly check that another transaction
has not modified those same rows in the meantime?  And what does it do
then, throw a "Someone else has changed your data in the db"
exception?

--
Andrew Piskorski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.piskorski.com/