I need to be able to read all table names in the database, and further all
attribute
names in each table. ( am using DBD::SQLite in Perl)
For gathering all the table names I've used the sqlite_master table. The problem
is that the information on the attributes of each table is returned as a string
:
eg:
Type : table
Name :  names
Table Name :  names
Root Page :  2 CREATE TABLE names (id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY, name)

I plan to use the SQL::Parser library in order to derive all attribute
information
from this string. Is there a better way to go about it ?
My aim is to find something equivalent to "DESC tablename" (used in sqlplus)

Thankx

NaveD.
|      Need Insurance? Netquote the oldest and     |
|          largest online quoting service.         |
|       Life Health Auto Home Renters and MORE     |
|  http://www.netquote.com?nqid=10537&status=0002  |
|  Register YourName @ MyPersonalEmail.com Today!  |
|         http://www.MyPersonalEmail.com           |
|       Free Email for a Global Community.         |