Thanks much - one more question though...

I'm attempting to copy data from an in memory database to
another db (file or otherwise).  Is it possible to attach an
existing in-memory database to another existing db connection?
(attach database :MEMORY: would just seem to create another in
mem db).

I'm trying to do this in hopes of being able to use the
destination dbs existing connection - otherwise i have to do a
lock/unlock close/open on the destination db - which i'd like to
avoid.

Thanks

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On Wed, 6 Apr 2005, Jay ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> -- de f <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Thanks Jay.
> >
> > Great! This could work...
> >
> > I'm wondering, though if you know whether the limitation
below
> > (from sqlite documentation) could be safely circumvented if
> > attaching the source db with an alias name.  It seems to
work
> > when i try it but I'm concerned that there might be other
> > unknown issues.
> >
> > "You cannot create a new table with the same name as a table
in
> > an attached database, but you can attach a database which
> > contains tables whose names are duplicates of tables in the
main
> > database. It is also permissible to attach the same database
> > file multiple times."
>
> I wrote a c++ replicator for my own database. I did this:
>
> open db1;
>
> SELECT sql FROM sqlite_master WHERE type = 'table' AND name =
> 'yourtable';
>
> open db2;
>
> execute sql from step 2 against db2 to create a duplicate
blank table;

> close db2;
>
> attatch db2 to db1;
>
> insert into db2.yourtable
> select * from db1.yourtable;
>
> close all;

> You a Gamer? If you're near Kansas City, ask me about the
Recruits and Conquest conventions.

> The Castles of Dereth Calendar: a tour of the art and
architecture of Asheron's Call