Not to discourage you from rolling your own, but what about CppSQLite??
www.codeproject.com/database/CppSQLite.asp

(the site is down at the moment, here is the google cache: http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:qULjzgqRl0oJ:www.codeproject.com/ database/CppSQLite.asp+CppSQLite&hl=en&client=safari )

It has been posted in the past also (http://www.mail-archive.com/sqlite-users@sqlite.org/msg02067.html)

Austin

On Apr 14, 2005, at 11:21 AM, Brian Swetland wrote:

I'm wrapping sqlite3 with a lightweight little C++ API to allow me to use it more easily from C++ code and I have a couple questions about the lifespan of data passed into and received from the sqlite3 API:

1. Will the const char* returned by sqlite3_column_name() persist
   until the statement is finalized, or are there situations under
   which sqlite could free it before then?

2. Will SQLITE_STATIC data bound to text or blob parameters (using
   the sqlite3_bind_text/blob() functions) ever be touched by sqlite
   outside of calls to sqlite3_step()?

3. Is my belief that text or blob data returned by
   sqlite3_column_text/blob() does not need to be free()'d and is
   only valid until the next sqlite3_step/reset/finalize() on that
   statement correct?

Thanks,

Brian