D. Richard Hipp wrote:
On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 10:24 -0400, Christopher R. Palmer wrote:

In my case, I added printf statements to trace the fcntl calls and it was the case that one thread did the fcntl to get the shared lock and then a second thread attempted the fcntl to go from shared to exclusive. This is where the problem occurs because the threads do not override each other's locks on RedHat 9.

I do not see how this is possible, unless you are sharing sqlite3*
handles
between threads (a strict no-no).  I've sent you the instrumented
os_unix.c
file separately.  Please prove me wrong...

I've temporarily placed the trace file at

http://67.19.10.2/~crpalmer/sqlite-traking.gz

The problem is occurring with the first failed lock (ie, if you search for "failed" that is where the problem occurred).

Let me know how I can help debug the problem.

Cheers,
Chris.

--
Christopher R. Palmer                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Chief Technology Officer                  www.vivisimo.com