folks,

for better or for worse, i'm going to use sqlite3 as a local cache for some
of my preciousss objects (permanent persistence target is mysql). this is in
a php app, so the obvious problem is having multiple sqlite page caches (one
per apache process).

therefore, unless well informed people tell me i'm crazy, i'd like to hack
sqlite3 to use shared memory for the page cache. please note that, at least
for now, i'm quite happy with a read-only solution, which should postpone
having to deal with locking. i'm not going to do this to any other
structures, because despite the obvious sexiness of doing so, i don't think
i'm going to win much in the memory usage or performance departments
(assuming db stored on tmpfs).

the million shekel question is, of course, what non-obvious problems you can
think of with this approach. any useful info/pointers are welcome. i've
perused the source (which is amazingly readable), so feel free to assume
cursory familiarity with the internals.

-p