Hi All,

I'm using sqlite 3.2.0 - the native C/C++ interface.  I'm seeing
something that I haven't seen before.  I have 4 programs accessing the
same db file.  The db file is on a slow Windows network share (NAS
device).  The 4 programs are the only processes accessing the DB file
and all of them are executing a similar SELECT (read only) SQL
statement. However, intermittently, my program logs this error:

Failed to get category meta info for CLMLR - 293831 - title using:
SELECT value FROM category_meta_information
  WHERE
    taxonomy_id=13 AND
    category_id=293831 AND
    name='title' AND
    data_type_id=(SELECT rowid FROM data_type WHERE type='string');
because database is locked

Is the database really locked or is the NAS latency confusing sqlite?
Does the sub-select for rowid on data_type create some sort of temp
table that locks the file for a second?  I understand that 3.2.2 is
out.  Would this address any locking issues?

I would appreciate any help or insight anyone might have on this matter.

Thanks,
-John