Are we talking about the same sleepycat? BerkleyDB (Sleepycat) is open source, available here: http://www.sleepycat.com/products/db.shtml

Basically I am thinking that some of BerkleyDB's locking granularity and distribution/replication/etc. features might be interesting within the context of SQLite -- and conversely, it would provide an SQL compliant interface to what is otherwise a "B-Tree" style database.

A.

Clay Dowling wrote:

Andrew Athan said:
I'm investigating embedded databases for an upcoming project, and I came
upon this thought:  Wouldn't an SQLite pager that uses
Sleepycat/BerkleyDB be quite interesting?

It would be of fairly limited value for a lot of us however.  For projects
which don't release source code Sleepycat is rather expensive.  Speaking
as a program it has also not been my favorite database for administration
issues.

Clay Dowling