AS a DB rookie, I have replaced the .txt files in an Tcl/Tk application with
a SQLite database, so it still reads very much like file I/O. While in a
loop I wrote several records to my files, so now I simply do an INSERT.
 I keep reading that you optimize performance by using transactions, so how
do I do that?
 Do I simply create a string that is my SQL statements, and how do I commit
the changes - never having done that in the past? My code kind of looks
like:

set tran_string "BEGIN TRANSACTION\n"
 foreach ...
 append tran_string "<my-insert-statement>\n"
append tran_string "END TRANSACTION\nCOMMIT TRANSACTION"
DB eval "$tran_string"

 Thanks for the help.
--
Ray Mosley