At 13:53 06/07/2005, you wrote:
On Wed, 2005-07-06 at 09:38 -0300, Gerson Luís Fontoura Vaz wrote:
> I'm using SQLite for the first time...
>
> We are using SQLite version 2.8.15.

Why, oh why are you using 2.8.15 when 3.2.2 is known to be
faster, smaller, and to contain many more features???

I haven't made the switch because some APIs from 2.8.15 were never ported over to 3.x.x. If they did they certainly were not included in the docs. This makes writing an updated driver for Rekall somewhat time consuming. I would have thought retaining backward compatibility to V2.8.x could be taken for granted but it seems I am wrong. What's happened to all those nice sqlite_****_printf convenience functions

The test suite for SQLite (both 2.8.15 and 3.2.2) uses an
instrumented malloc() to do a careful search for memory leaks
while running tests that cause 95% of all code in the system
to be executed.  (The remaining 5% of the code is unreachable.)
No memory leaks are found by these tests.

Were you to find a possible memory leak in version 3.2.2, we
would look into the matter right away.  For 2.8.15, you can
file a bug report if you like.  Somebody might investigate the
problem in a month or two.
--
D. Richard Hipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

---