Jay Sprenkle wrote:

undefined reference at link time is usually a missing library. I think
you're using
linux?
I'm actually Cgywin is a linux emulation layer.. from their site:
"Cygwin is a Linux-like environment for Windows.
It consists of two parts: A DLL (cygwin1.dll) which acts as a Linux API emulation layer providing substantial Linux API functionality.
A collection of tools, which provide Linux look and feel."

So you are partly correct. It doesn't appear I have 'ldconfig' in Cygwin. Perhaps this is the root of my problem but I don't believe so.

Am I correct in saying I would NOT get this error if it was simply a matter of mixing debug and release information?