I use sqlite as an application specific format to distribute data to
mobile clients.
The data is generated  and full-text indexed (FTS5) on the server, the
clients then
simply download one or more compressed db files.

Now I'd like to generate a full-text index for all downloaded files on
the client,
so items can be searched  across all downloaded databases. I'd like to
avoid having
to re-index all databases since this would be slow, particularly on
low-end devices.

My idea would be to merge the existing indexes into a single combined
index which
can then be queried. This is an operation I expect to be reasonably
fast.
On the downside it would certainly require some custom code to perform
the
merge operation.

Before diving into the implementation I'd like to sanity check
this idea here first, maybe somebody has had similar problem.

Thanks,

  Jan