On 11/8/16, John G <rjkgilles...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I normally use the 3.8.8.3 supplied with MacOS El Capitan.
> I downloaded version 3.15.1 from the Download page - precompiled
> command-line tools : (sqlite-tools-osx-x86-3150100.zip).
>
> When I tried copying and pasting multiple or multi-line statements from my
> editor (jEdit) the command-line shell ignored everything after the first
> line. This is not the case with 3.8.8.3.

This appears to be a bug in the "linenoise" library that we link
against when building the precompiled shell - it has nothing to do
with SQLite.  See the https://github.com/antirez/linenoise/issues/75
bug report.  We first started linking precompiled SQLite binaries
against linenoise with 3.8.9 (2015-04-08) and you are the first person
to notice the difference.

We'll see if we can't update the linenoise implementations on our
build machines and upload new binaries for 3.15.1

In the meantime, you can always build SQLite yourself from sources.
On a mac, just type "./configure; make" (after installing Xcode, which
is free on the apple store).

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org