Re Integer shorness... UUID does seem wasteful - to have to ccompare such a
long value.
But the string compare will often fail within the first 4 bytes, or less,
making many comparisons less 'work' than an integer of the same... since
sqlite stores everything as text if you are in 123,000,000.. 123,000,001
 takes a lot of comparison to find difference.

yes it's 'inconveneitnt' I can't remember the code for item X is 99.... so
just select where id=99 - easy to type, instead I have to expect my
database browser to support copy and paste.