On 2016/11/17 6:07 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
I am adapting a large open-source Windows program to Linux, using MonoDevelop. I find that the SQLite method names in Windows look like this:

SQLiteConnection
but in Mono.Data.Sqlite they look like this:

SqliteConnection
with different case, so I got lots of reference errors.

With help from others at stackexchange here <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/40636796/c-sharp-shortcut-for-if-else-endif-like-define-something-as-string> I was able to get the projects to compile.

Do any of you know why the two different versions of SQLite have different case in the method names?

Yes, we know why.

It's because it's not SQLite's code directly, it is the code of intermediate libraries on top of SQLite made by different programmers whom obviously took different views of what the acronym casing should be.

So now you know WHY, but I'm afraid it's not very helpful knowing why, and sadly nothing we can do to alleviate it - and I guess these programmers have had their adaptations used a lot by now, so changing it now will break too much for others....

I guess Search-Replace is your only salvation here.