On 7 Feb 2017, at 6:56am, Niti Agarwal <n...@ionosnetworks.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your reply. The length matters as I am appending 100 rows at a
> time in a sql statement. It is making very fast as compared to single sql
> insert in For loop.
> Copied the code below for reference. Here the list size is 100
> Any better way to do this? Like I read about *bind*...not sure how I can do
> it in Golang.

Okay.  By using an INSERT command with lots of value sets you are doing things
more efficiently than I thought.  Each INSERT is its own transaction so you are
doing 100 INSERTs per transaction.

I am not familiar with GoLang.  Can someone say if it’s appropriate to use the
two functions

PathInfoStmt, err := db.Prepare(sql_PathInfo)
err = tx.Stmt(PathInfoStmt).Exec(valsPath…)

like that ?  I would expect Prepare to go with Step instead but I could
understand if the library being used makes it okay.

Simon.