On Apr 7, 2017, at 11:04 AM, Simon Slavin <slav...@bigfraud.org> wrote:

> On 7 Apr 2017, at 5:55pm, Donald Griggs <dfgri...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dropbox claims that it performs difference determination, even on binary
>> files.
>
> Interesting.  That would definitely decrease bandwidth used by large SQLite
> databases.

Dropbox is also smart enough to broadcast changes between machines on a LAN
sharing the same Dropbox account, so the changes don’t have to go up to the
cloud and then be sync’d back down to the other clients of that account on the
same LAN.

None of that solve the core problems you identified which make Dropbox a poor
choice for sharing a SQLite DB over the Internet.

These projects look like a better way to go:

    https://github.com/alixaxel/ArrestDB
    https://github.com/olsonpm/sqlite-to-rest
    https://www.dreamfactory.com/

All were found with a web search for “sqlite rest”.  I haven’t used any of
them; they just look useful.

One could also just use one of the many client-server DBMSes.