There’s been almost no traffic on this list this weekend so I don’t feel too
bad posting something that’s not specifically about SQLite.  But a lot of us
use SQLite as a back end for web-facing databases, called from PHP, and this is
about PHP tutorials found on the web.

ObAcronym: "SQLi" is short for "SQL injection".

<https://www.helpnetsecurity.com/2017/04/21/programming-tutorials-vulnerabilities/>

“Thanks to our framework, we have uncovered over 100 vulnerabilities in web
application code that bear a strong resemblance to vulnerable code patterns
found in popular tutorials. More alarmingly, we have confirmed that 8 instances
of a SQLi vulnerability present in different web applications are an outcome of
code copied from a single vulnerable tutorial,” they noted. “Our results
indicate that there is a substantial, if not causal, link between insecure
tutorials and web application vulnerabilities.”

Moral: Web tutorials are for teaching you how a computer language works.  Don’t
copy-and-paste them into production code without thinking through the
consequences.  If you don’t understand what you’re doing, hire an experienced
programmer.  That’s what they’re for.

Simon.