You need to write your application like a telephone directory.  To get to the
page with the "Smithson" entry on it, you do not read all the entries starting
from the begining until you get there -- you turn directly to the page you want
by doing a search.

Surely you have a unique key for the list?

--
˙uʍop-ǝpısdn sı ɹoʇıuoɯ ɹnoʎ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı