Hi-

i tried a different dll and sql tool.  the trigger
worked.

i tried a trick and it seems to work.

what i did is put the trigger in under the new dll and
new sql tool and then copy the updated db (now with a
trigger) to my project directory that uses the java
wrapper/driver.

it is enforcing the trigger now :-)

thanks,
jim