Hi, we want to use the Session extension to implement an UNDO system for our
application. We did some first steps using it and now a couple of questions
came up:

1. Is it correct that schema changes are not tracked and can't be part of a
changeset? So any ALTER TABLE command needs to be taken care about separately?

2. Changes to the VIEW query are not tracked too? So, when a view query
changes, this is not part of the changeset.

3. We are thinking about supporting UNDO not only for the current session but
for the live-time of a document. In this case we need to store the changeset
blob into the database as well. We want to track changes of all tables but of
course not the table getting the changesets. There is a call for which tables
to track changes, but not one for which tables not-to-track. Is there a simpler
way than listing all tables for which tracking should happen explicitly?

4. We haven't thought through all combinations but is the oder of UNDOs in a
changeset relevant? So if I have a changeset do I have to apply it strictly in
revers order in some cases to avoid constraint violations etc? Or are
constraints put on hold until all changes were applied?

Viele Grüsse.

--

Robert M. Münch, CEO
M: +41 79 65 11 49 6