Auftrag von CC
Gesendet: Sonntag, 18. Juni 2017 12:53
An: sqlite-users@mailinglists.sqlite.org
Betreff: [sqlite] How to search for fields with accents in UTF-8 data?

Hello

I imported a CSV file where data are encoded in UTF-8.

Some of the characters (like Î) are not available in the ASCII table, so I
can't use the CLI sqlite3.exe to search.

As an alternative, I tried SQLite Studio, but it fails:

;Returns no record
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM MyTable WHERE REGION="Île-de-France";

;Returns the expected records
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM MyTable WHERE "LIBREG" LIKE "%le-de-France";

I found nothing in SQLite Studio's menus that could be related to encoding so
that I could tell it the DB contains UTF-8 instead of ANSI.

Is there another Windows application I could try that is more likely to work
with UTF-8 data?

Thank you.

 Gunter Hick
Software Engineer
Scientific Games International GmbH
FN 157284 a, HG Wien
Klitschgasse 2-4, A-1130 Vienna, Austria
Tel: +43 1 80100 0
E-Mail: h...@scigames.at

This communication (including any attachments) is intended for the use of the
intended recipient(s) only and may contain information that is confidential,
privileged or legally protected. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this
in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail message and
delete all copies of the original communication. Thank you for your cooperation.