Thanks everyone.

It looks running sqlite3.exe in a terminal window (CMD) in Windows 7 doesn't work: Apparently, it doesn't support UTF-8.

And when using DB Browser for SQLite, it does work only if I copy/paste the output with the "?" where an accented character lives:
https://s15.postimg.org/e05v2q09n/SQLite.UTF8.accents.query.DB.Browser.for.SQLite.png

Could the problem be with fonts not supporting UTF8?

I'd rather not mess with Windows encoding, especially since one of the answers in SuperUser says that Windows only partially support Unicode.

Here's the output of the commands:

sqlite> SELECT unicode(Libreg) FROM MyTable WHERE Libreg LIKE '%le-de-France' LIMIT 1;
65533
sqlite> SELECT char(206), unicode('I');
I;73
sqlite> SELECT hex('Ile-de-France');
496C652D64652D4672616E6365
sqlite> SELECT hex(region) FROM MyTable WHERE LIBREG like '%le-de-France' LIMIT 1;
Error: no such column: region
sqlite> SELECT hex(libreg) FROM MyTable WHERE LIBREG like '%le-de-France' LIMIT 1;
CE6C652D64652D4672616E6365