On 6/26/17, 9:00 AM, "sqlite-users on behalf of Richard Hipp"
<sqlite-users-boun...@mailinglists.sqlite.org on behalf of d...@sqlite.org>
wrote:
> The "db nullvalue STRING" command lets you translate NULL values into the
> string value of your choice.  But there is not (currently) a way to cause
> NULL values to unset the corresponding member of the array.

That’s what I’d call an “in-band” solution. It’s got problems when writing code
that needs to generalize to unknown datasets...

Also, does `db nullvalue` return the current null value, or would you need to
track that externally? The documentation doesn’t say, but let’s see...

% test nullvalue {\N}
\N
% test nullvalue
\N

So that’s workable if you know you have a guaranteed unique token-string you
can use. Also, may want to update https://sqlite.org/tclsqlite.html to note
that.

Anyway, I ran into this testing my sqlite3 bridge for Pgtcl. It doesn’t seem
like it would be hard to implement a clone of `$db select` that will do what I
want, but it would be nice to have a standard binding.