> I was wondering if there was a way to find the size of data that will be
> returned before actually making the call to sqlite3_get_table which will
> return a pointer to a malloc'd memory location. My question is really: can I
> find the required memory size before the call?

The short answer is no, not without executing a "SELECT count() ..."
statement to figure out how many rows will be returned by your statement.

Sanity check: You know that sqlite3_get_table() allocates the memory
for you, right (which you then free later using sqlite3_free_table())? You
don't have to supply your own malloc'd blob.

http://mail.yahoo.com