Do you know of any implementation of SQL that accepts an AS clause for the
updated table?  I don't think any do.

Some versions have a FROM extension and you CAN specify an alias for the
updated table in that clause, however, as far as I know the update table cannot
be aliased and the "set <column> = ..." the <column> must always be a column in
the updated table and while you may be allowed to "adorn" it in some
implementations, any adornments are ignored (or trigger an error message if
they are not the same as the updated table).

--
˙uʍop-ǝpısdn sı ɹoʇıuoɯ ɹnoʎ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı