Not really.  (At least not for anyone else's Link Time Optimizer)

LTO outputs the intermediate parse tree rather than object code into the
.obj/.a files.  The LTO linker merges all the parse tree's into a single parse
tree then generates actual object code.  In other words, it makes it "look"
like all your code was compiled as one file while at the same time maintaining
symbol separation between modules.

Some IBM and other dinosaur pen compilers have been able to do that since the
60's.
Watcom has been able to do that since the 90's or so.
GCC has done it for many years (most of this century anyway, if not before).

CLang must be just catching up.

That is better though than Intel, Microsoft, et al, who make really shoddy
compilers (buggy and suitable for amateur use only) let alone have any actual
"advanced" features.

--
˙uʍop-ǝpısdn sı ɹoʇıuoɯ ɹnoʎ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı