On 7/15/17, E.Pasma <pasm...@concepts.nl> wrote:
> Hello, when building the pre-release snapshot an error occurs. It is
> likely due to my outdated Mac OS version, 10.5.8.
>
> shell.c: In function ‘readline_completion’:
> shell.c:4286: warning: return makes pointer from integer without a cast
> Undefined symbols:
>    "_rl_completion_matches", referenced from:
>        _readline_completion in sqlite3-shell.o
>
> I can not upgrade Mac OS X on a PPC any further.
> Is there any otrher choice except  ./configure --disable-readline.

Other options:

(1) You can upgrade the readline library on your PPC to something more
recent that supports tab completion.

(2) You can compile the shell using linenoise instead of readline.
(Doing so will require manual changes to the Makefile as it does not
appear to be supported by ./configure at this time - something that we
should fix for the next release.)

I still power up a PPC mac from time to time in order to verify that
SQLite works on big-endian platforms.  But it is painfully slow.  Why
are you still using a PPC mac?

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org