Richard Hipp wrote:
> Cons: (5) The change might cause breakage for legacy applications that
> depend on the older (arguably buggy) behavior.  (6) This seems like a
> big change to receive so little beta exposure prior to the official
> release.

I doubt that there are many applications that both depend on the old
behaviour and go to the effort to test SQLite beta versions.

In other words: if some breakage is found, it's very likely to be with
a release anyway.  (In 2018, when Android switches to 3.25.0 ...)

(But I don't know the pre-release snapshot download numbers.)

Regards,
Clemens