load_extension() has the very sensible behavior of:
> So for example, if "samplelib" cannot be loaded, then names like
> "samplelib.so" or "samplelib.dylib" or "samplelib.dll" might be tried
> also.

I would like to see that extended to include "libsamplelib.so" since that is
the default naming scheme on many *nix platforms. This simple change would
allow me to use the same base library name for my extension on both Windows
and Linux. Otherwise I have to modify my build system to override its
default behavior of adding the lib prefix on Linux.