A "temp table" would only be visible in the session that creates it and would
not live past the end of the session. Sequences should be persistent...

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Auftrag von Nico Williams
Gesendet: Freitag, 04. August 2017 21:16
An: Sylvain Pointeau <sylvain.point...@gmail.com>
Betreff: Re: [sqlite] sequencer

On Fri, Aug 04, 2017 at 09:09:10PM +0200, Sylvain Pointeau wrote:
> I programmed the currval using a temp table, but the performance
> dropped slightly
>
> sqlite> WITH T(i) AS (SELECT (1)i UNION ALL SELECT i+1 FROM T WHERE
> i<1000000) INSERT INTO seq_test(seq_num) SELECT seq_nextval('s
> eq1') from T;
> Run Time: real 25.837 user 23.446950 sys 0.171601
>
> I create the temp table only once with the help of a global variable.
> I believe it is safe (per session), am I right?

In general I would say: pthread_once() (Unix) or InitOnceExecuteOnce() (WIN32).
 But here, a global in combination with CREATE TEMP TABLE IF NOT EXISTS is
probably good enough.

 Gunter Hick
Software Engineer
Scientific Games International GmbH
FN 157284 a, HG Wien
Klitschgasse 2-4, A-1130 Vienna, Austria
Tel: +43 1 80100 0
E-Mail: h...@scigames.at

This communication (including any attachments) is intended for the use of the
intended recipient(s) only and may contain information that is confidential,
privileged or legally protected. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this
in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail message and
delete all copies of the original communication. Thank you for your cooperation.