On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 10:01 PM, Nico Williams <n...@cryptonector.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 04, 2017 at 09:55:03PM +0200, Sylvain Pointeau wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 9:16 PM, Nico Williams <n...@cryptonector.com>
> wrote:
> > > In general I would say: pthread_once() (Unix) or InitOnceExecuteOnce()
> > > (WIN32).  But here, a global in combination with CREATE TEMP TABLE IF
> > > NOT EXISTS is probably good enough.
> >
> > I wonder if a memory structure would not be better?
>
> Doesn't matter.  You already have a solution.
>
> The main issue is that you can't tell when a transaction has begun or
> ended, so you can't tell when curr_val() should raise an error.  You can
> only tell that next_val() has been called on this connection, and that's
> not the same semantics as H2's.

actually the temp table is better in case of rollback.
however normally it should be executed under an autonomous transaction,
a rollback should not affect the sequence.

> I would just not bother with curr_val() for now.

I need it, but the current implementation should be enough.

=> I would really really like if a real implementation of the sequence
could be done in sqlite, behaving like oracle.
(very fast, reliable etc)

Thanks for all your help!