On Tue, 2005-09-27 at 09:36 -0600, Brian Roe wrote:
> I'm interested in using SQLite both at the SQL and BTree levels in an
> application.  That is, I would like to create tables and be able to run
> queries using SQL while also inserting into, querying and updating
> tables directly via the BTree-level C API calls (thus bypassing the SQL
> subsystem entirely).  Is there any information on how I can accomplish
> this without corrupting data, confusing SQLite, etc?

The only documentation is comments in the code.

Note that the BTree-layer interface is not a published API.
It is subject to change in very incompatible ways without
notice.  Such changes may be semantic only - meaning that
after upgrading SQLite you find that your application
compiles and links fine but generates subtle and difficult
to trace errors. The BTree interface is also fragile and
is not designed for external use.  It lacks much of the
parameter checking that normally occurs on library routines
since the Btree interface is not intended for that use.
You will find that generating segfaults and corrupting
your database files will be quite easy if you call the
BTree layer directly. For these reasons, calls directly
into the BTree layer are strongly discouraged.

--
D. Richard Hipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>