In this snip, I'd like to show a brief description of what the class member function should do, in order to ask you if the SQL statement has been properly prepared.
    sqlite3* db; //!< Data Base
    std::string database_name; //!< The name of the database
    std::string sql_statement_request; //!< Formated SQL request
    sqlite3_stmt* binary_sql_statement; //!< SQL binary statement

    assign values to the above strings
    open the database

    sql_statement_request = database_name + L" \"VACUUM; \" ";
    // Compiled the SQL statement into a byte-code
    rc = sqlite3_prepare_v2(db,
            sql_statement_request.data(),
            -1,
            &binary_sql_statement,
            NULL);

I get an error indicating that binary_sql_statement evaluates to NULL.
I being a SQL with C++ newbie, I'd like to ask much patience from you.
Thanks

--
ArbolOne.ca
Using Fire Fox and Thunderbird.