On 9/14/17, Darko Volaric <li...@darko.org> wrote:
> is
> there a way of ensuring that a particular expression (or just function call)
> will be guaranteed to be evaluated before any other in a particular
> statement?

No, not in general.

There are special cases were the order of evaluation is defined.  For
example, arguments to coalesce() and subexpressions in a CASE
statement are evaluated from left to right.  But in general, SQLite is
free to evaluate expressions in any order that it wants.  We reserve
the right to change the order of evaluation in future releases of
SQLite, as part of our on-going optimization efforts.

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org